Chris Roberts is living with emphysema and with mixed dementia, vascular and Alzheimer's.
He spends a lot of time raising awareness of dementia, its symptoms, promoting better services and support to dispel the stigma that is associated. He speaks to and educates all citizens across the globe, wherever and whenever he can supported by his wife Jayne Goodrick.
He is a Board Member of Alzheimer Europe as well as the Chair of the European Working Group of People With Dementia.
Chris is also:
- An Ambassador for Alzheimer’s Society UK/Cymru
- Co-Founder & Member of the 3Nations Dementia Working Group (England, N.Ireland and Wales)
- Honorary Fellow & Lecturer in MSc Dementia Studies, School of Healthcare Sciences, Bangor University
- Salzburg Global Fellow (International Seminar 587.)
- Member of Dementia Alliance International (DAI) & former Board Member
- BSI Committee Member (British Standards Institution CH/315).
- Member of the Expert Working Group for the Wales Dementia Strategy and was part of the NICE Clinical Guidance Dementia Review Committee.