The Alzheimer Europe Anti-Stigma Award was launched on 22 June 2022. This award recognises an outstanding initiative aimed at combating stigma and promoting a positive image of dementia and people living with dementia.
The award can be for individuals and organisations established in a member country of Alzheimer Europe and which has been developed and/or implemented in the past three years (2019-2022), in Europe. It can be for projects, campaigns, films, videos, publications or books which aim to address the stigma attached to dementia.
Interested organisations and individuals were invited to send information on their initiative via a special application form provided, by the deadline of 1 September 2022.
The winner was announced on the final day of the 32nd Alzheimer Europe Conference, in Bucharest, on 19 October 2022. The award consisted of a cash prize of EUR 5,000 and a trophy. The travel and accommodation costs for the conference were also covered by Alzheimer Europe.
- 22 June 2022: Launch of call for applications
- 1 September 2022: Deadline for submitting applications
- 15 September 2022: Meeting of the Award Committee to shortlist two applications
- 19 October 2022: Presentation of award during closing ceremony at Alzheimer Europe Conference
- Alzheimer Europe: Iva Holmerová and Marco Blom
- European Working Group of People with Dementia: Chris Roberts and Bernd Heise
- Alzheimer Europe Foundation: Heike von Lützau-Hohlbein and Maria do Rosário Zincke dos Reis
- Biogen: Katja Buller
- Lilly: Laura Campo
- Roche: Jannice Roeser