Handelsstraat / Rue du Commerce 72
B- 1040 Brussels
EASPD is the European Association of Service providers for Persons with Disabilities and represents over 20,000 support services for persons with disabilities across Europe.
They promote equal opportunities for people with disabilities through effective and high-quality service systems.
- The full implementation of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- The provision of high-quality, and user-centred services running in an accountable, efficient and effective way
- Fair working conditions and lifelong learning opportunities for staff employed in services.
Nature of collaboration between Alzheimer Europe and EASPD:
- Collaborate on topics of mutual interest to exchange knowledge, organise events, and meetings. In particular, Alzheimer Europe and EASPD collaborate on the topics of Health and Ageing.
- Advertise each other’s main events in their respective publications and websites;
- As appropriate, seek advice from and cooperate with each other on relevant policy and scientific issues;
- Organise once a year a meeting of the leadership of both organisations to exchange on work plans and activities and explore opportunities for collaboration
Both Alzheimer Europe and the EASPD share many common goals with respect to improving the understanding of illness and disabilities so as to help create a more inclusive, fulfilling, and accepting society for people with dementia and disabilities.
Jean Georges is representing Alzheimer Europe in meetings with EASPD focussing on collaboration opportunities.
Kate Boor Ellis and Gwladys Guillory collaborate with EASPD, focussing on bilateral communication support.
Follow European Association of Service Providers for Persons with Disabilities and stay updated