Chris Roberts is the Chairperson of the European Working Group of People with Dementia (EWGPWD) and an ex-officio member of the Board of Alzheimer Europe, with full voting rights.
He was the Vice Chair of the EWGPWD for the last 4 years previously (2016-2020) and was nominated to the group by the Alzheimer’s Society UK
He spends a lot of his time raising awareness of the dementias and of symptoms, to dispel the stigma that is associated. To promote the development & continuation of better services and support, Chris campaigns to uphold the rights of all affected by dementia, having spoken in The Hague (29th AE Conference) about dementia as a disability, highlighting the lack of knowledge and support.
He speaks and has spoken nationally in Wales, in the rest of the UK, in Europe, and internationally, usually supported by his wife Jayne Goodrick.
Their lives were portrayed in a BBC Panorama Documentary titled "Living With Dementia, Chris's Story" and in a BBC Wales, "Week In Week Out" programme, titled "Who Will Look After Mum, Dad or Me?".
Chris has a number of other roles:
- Ambassador for Alzheimer’s Society UK/Cymru
- Co-Founder & active Member of the 3Nations Dementia Working Group (England, N.Ireland and Wales)
- Honorary Fellow & Lecturer in MSc Dementia Studies, School of Healthcare Sciences, Bangor University
- Salzburg Global Fellow (International Seminar 587.)
- Media Ambassador for Alzheimer's Research UK
- Ambassador for National Association of Care Caterers
- Member & former Board Member of Dementia Alliance International (DAI)
- Member of the Expert Working Group for the Wales Dementia Strategy
- National Dementia Action Alliance Affiliate Member.