Alzheimer Europe Board meeting held in Brussels
Monday 06 December 2010
An Alzheimer Europe Board meeting was held in Brussels on 6 December 2010. The Board discussed:
- The various meetings which had been attended by the staff of Alzheimer Europe
- The 2010 workplan: The Board reviewed the 2010 conference in Luxembourg, the current status of ongoing project the ‘value of diagnosis’ and finished project ‘the ethical use of assistive technology in dementia care’, the Dementia in Europe magazine, the Dementia in Europe Yearbook and an update was given the status of the European Alzheimer’s Initiative.
- The 2010 finances
- The draft strategic plan (2011-2015)
- The work plan and budget for 2011: This will include the ongoing project ‘value of diagnosis, publication of an article on the assistive technology work carried out in 2010, a project on the ethical issues linked to dementia research, the publication of three Dementia in Europe magazines and ten newsletters and the 2011 Dementia in Europe Yearbook. The Board also discussed the status of the application for a grant from the European Commission for 2011. (Since the meeting on 6 December, the Commission has awarded Alzheimer Europe core funding for 2011).
- The 2011 Alzheimer Europe Conference in Warsaw.
The next Board meeting will be held in Brussels on 15 March 2011.