The onset of Alzheimer's disease
Caring for someone with dementia
When you first heard the diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease, you may have felt shocked and possibly confused about what the disease entailed. Many people go through this and often feel unable to ask for help. Some are simply not aware of what kind of help they want and where to obtain it.
This section deals with certain issues that are important to consider at the onset of the disease :
- Diagnosis – should the person be told?
- Dealing with emotions
- Arranging who will be responsible for care
- Determining to what extent you can provide care
- How will Alzheimer’s disease affect independent living?
- The needs of younger people with dementia
Last Updated: jeudi 06 août 2009