Grossetête Françoise (Chairperson)
Françoise Grossetête is a Member of the European Parliament from the Group of the European People's Party (Christian Democrats).
She is currently a Member of the Committee on the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety and a Substitute on the Committee on Industry, Research and Energy.
She was a founding Member of the European Alzheimer's Alliance and has been its chairperson since September 2007.
Her contributions to Alzheimer Europe's campaign to make dementia a European priority are almost too numerous to mention. In particular, she:
- attended a European Parliament lunch debate in December 2012 entitled “Living with dementia : learning from the experiences of people with dementia”.
- attended a lunch debate at the European Parliament in June 2012 which defined Alzheimer’s disease in the new European public health and research programmes
- hosted a lunch debate at the European Parliament in February 2012 which presented the Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI) and the PharmaCog project
- alongside 5 other MEPs from all EP political groups, led the European Parliament Motion for a Resolution on Joint Programming of research to combat neurodegenerative diseases, in particular Alzheimer’s disease which was adopted in November 2009
- participated in May 2009 in the interview with MEPs in the run up of the elections for Alzheimer Europe's 'Election Special' of its third Dementia in Europe magazine in May 2009
- gave an interview in May 2009 for the third edition of Alzheimer Europe's Dementia in Europe magazine on the role the European Alzheiemer's Alliance had played at European level to make dementia a public health priority
- hosted a lunch debate in the European Parliament in March 2009 which focused on the initiatives of the three European institutions (Parliament, Council and Commission) towards the development of a European Alzheimer's Plan
- successfully campaigned her colleagues to support Written Declaration 80/2008 which was formally adopted by the European Parliament in February 2009 and supported by close to 60% of all MEPs
- wrote an introduction for the third edition of the Alzheimer Europe "Dementia in Europe Yearbook" which presented the results of the organisation's Commission financed "European Collaboration on Dementia - EuroCoDe" in December 2008
- together with her colleagues John Bowis (United Kingdom), Katalin Lévai (Hungary), Jan Tadeusz Masiel (Poland) and Antonios Trakatellis (Greece) launched Written Declaration 80/2008 on the priorities in the fight against Alzheimer's disease in September 2008 which calls upon the European Commission and Member States to develop a European Action Plan on Alzheimer's disease
- represented the views of the European Parliament at the French Presidency Conference on Alzheimer's disease in September 2008 and called upon European officials to recognise the fight against Alzheimer's disease as a European priority
- presented the activities of the European Alzheimer's Alliance in the first Dementia in Europe Magazine which was published in June 2008
- was invited to speak about the French Alzheimer Plan and European Parliament activities around Alzheimer's disease at the EFPIA annual conference in Paris in June 2008
- hosted a lunch debate on the prevention of Alzheimer's disease in the European Parliament in April 2008
- asked the propective Health Commissioner Androulla Vassiliou hearing in the European Parliament what she intended to do in the field of Alzheimer's disease at the question and answer session held in the European Parliament in 2008
- was invited by French Health Minister Roselyne Bachelot to be a member of the Steering Committee for the French Presidency Conference on Alzheimer's disease and represented the views of the European Parliament at the various preparatory meetings throughout 2008
- was invited in February 2008 to the launch of the French Alzheimer Plan by French President Nicolas Sarkozy
- hosted a lunch-debate on Alzheimer's disease: social support priorities in the European Parliament in November 2007
- officially launched the European Alzheimer's Alliance at the opening of the Alzheimer exhibition in the European Parliament
- was a key note speaker at the launch of the exhibition which Alzheimer Europe organised in the European Parliament in November 2007
- was invited to give a closing speech at a meeting on 'Public Private Partnerships and Alzheimer' organized by Les Entreprises du Médicament in October 2007
- facilitated the first meeting of the European Alzheimer's Alliance in September 2007 when she became the Alliance's first chairperson.
Last Updated: vendredi 11 janvier 2013