AE hopes, through its activities, to answer a growing need in society, and especially among the community of people affected by the existence of the disease. The exchange of experience and knowledge as well as collaboration on new approaches will stimulate and motivate these people.
Further to this, it will ensure that information on best practice in the care of Alzheimer sufferers is available throughout Europe and beyond. As set out in our statutes, our activities are geared towards attaining the following objectives:
- to improve the exchange of information between Alzheimer help associations;
- to stimulate the development of projects in the domains of information, support and caregiving for demented people;
- to establish contacts between Alzheimer help associations in view of setting up and coordinating common transnational projects;
- to arrange for the translation of booklets, pamphlets and other material of interest to various organisations in the member states of the European Union;
- to organise an annual international conference offering participants the possibility to inform themselves about new findings in the fields of research on, and treatment of the Alzheimer disease.
Last Updated: mercredi 21 octobre 2009