Muistiliitto (Full member)
The society was established in 1988 to provide help and assistance for people with Alzheimer's disease and their caregivers. The society is a not-for-profit organisation and it is mainly funded by the Finnish Slot Machine Association.
The society consists of a national office with 3 local branches and 44 local associations across the country with more than 10 000 members altogether.
The Alzheimer Society of Finland works nationwide to achieve the following goals in mind. It organises 3-4 seminars annually for professionals in the dementia field. It also offers tailored training for staff in dementia homes and wards and theme lectures for schools, associations and public occasions.
- Improve the quality of life of people with dementia and their caregivers.
- Promote the legal, economical and social rights of people suffering from dementia.
- Develop the support system of people with Alzheimer's disease and their caregivers.
- Educate the professionals in health care.
- Influence the attitudes towards people with memory disturbances.
- Influence the political decision making process.
Luotsikatu 4 E
+358-9-622 62 00
Fax: +358-9-62 26 20 20
Last Updated: Friday 23 October 2009