Photo Gallery and Videos
In this section, you will find a selection of photos taken at the conference and a video trailer of the conference.
As a resource to visitors of the Alzheimer Europe Website, we will also included videos of the keynote presentations at the Alzheimer Europe Conference in Ljubljana.
Videos from the following speakers have been included:
Opening ceremony welcome by:
- Heike von Lützau-Hohlbein, Chairperson, Alzheimer Europe
- Stefanija Lukic Zlobec, Chairperson, Spomincica - Alzheimer Slovenija
- Helga Rohra, Chairperson, European Working Group of People with Dementia
- Anja Kopac, Minister for Social Affairs, Slovenia
- Milojka Kolar Celarc, Minister of Health, Slovenia
- Bojana Muršič, Vice-Chair of the National Assembly, Slovenia
and keynote lecture from:
- Jean Georges: Alzheimer Europe: Celebrating 25 years of achievements
- Florence Pasquier: Improving the timely diagnosis and providing adequate support to people with early memory complaints
- Simon Lovestone: Big data and adaptive clinical trial design to support European dementia research
- Zvezdan Pirtošek: Prevention of Alzheimer’s disease – Myths, wishes and reality
- Geoff Huggins: A new European Joint Action
- Peter Volasko: A positive impact of collaboration in the Joint Programme on Neurodegenerative Diseases Research (JPND) on the National Research Policy
- Alv Orheim: Changing the perceptions and image of dementia
- Mark Pearson: The OECD approach to comparing and benchmarking dementia care
- Bob Woods: Arts programmes for people with dementia: what are their effects?
- Agnes Houston: People with dementia as partners: the example of the Scottish Dementia Working Group
- Jeremy Hughes: The dementia friends campaign in the UK: a vital element for the development of a dementia-friendly society
- Nena Kopčavar Guček: Age and dementia as a risk factor for domestic violence: what can we do?
- Mary McCarron: Meeting the needs of people with intellectual disability and dementia
- Paivi Topo: Assistive technologies supporting people with dementia at home
- Vid Vodusek: Managing and preventing behavioural and psychological symptoms in dementia
- Frans Hoogeveen: The last taboo: Dementia, sexuality and intimacy
- Rozel Snell: Rozel’s journey after diagnosis
- Raoul Grönqvist: A case study
- Agnes Houston: Dementia and sensory challenges
- Nina Balackova: The impact of dementia on my life
- Simon Lovestone
- Serge Van der Geyten
- Shirlene Badger
- Dinja Van Der Veen: Social participation and dementia: a descriptive qualitative study from the perspective of persons with cognitive problems and their caregivers.
- Leontine Groen-van de Ven: Decisions in the lives of people with dementia: differences between those living alone with their informal caregivers
- Louise Nygard: How accessible are grocery for people with dementia? a qualitative study
- Nele Spruytte: Narrative care: discussing the impact and benefits of an individual life review intervention for older persons with and without dementia
Last Updated: Tuesday 10 November 2015