Muistiliitto (Full member)
The society was established in 1988 to provide help and assistance for people with Alzheimer's disease and their caregivers. The society is a not-for-profit organisation and it is mainly funded by the Finnish Slot Machine Association.
The society consists of a national office with two local branches and 43 local associations across the country with more than 11,000 members altogether.
The Alzheimer Society of Finland works nationwide to achieve the following goals:
- Improve the quality of life of people with memory disorders and their caregivers.
- Promote the legal, economical and social rights of people with memory disorders.
- Develop the support system of people with memory disorders and their caregivers.
- Educate professionals in health care.
- Influence the attitudes towards people with memory disturbances.
- Influence the political decision making process.
Pasilanraitio 9 B, 7. krs
+358-9-622 62 00
Last Updated: Tuesday 21 January 2014